Last week I posted a Garlic Naan Bread recipe for good reason, I was getting you all prepared, ready for dunking and dipping into this Creamy Cashew and Coconut Lentil Curry.
This Creamy Cashew and Coconut Lentil Curry came to life one evening when my cupboards were bare and the only fresh vegetable in the fridge was a bag of spinach. Too lazy to go to the super market I just threw the ingredients I had into a pan and pray it would taste good. It tasted BETTER then good. It was the BEST curry i’ve ever eaten – so modest I know.
I had to share with you all because:
- It’s not only super cheap to make you will almost always have the ingredients on hand
- One pot meal that comes together in less than 20 minutes
- It’s creamy, coconuty, crunchy, rich and full of Indian spices – just a long way of saying it’s DELICIOUS
- healthy, like extremely healthy. Packed full all the good fats, protein, greens and carbs. Everything our body needs
- You can make a big batch and eat it for lunches, curry always taste better the next day
- Nuts in curry!? How have I never done this before?? I feel like I’ve wasted my whole life up until now.
Watch the video for Creamy Cashew and Coconut Lentil Curry:
I have one rule about this curry, it must and I mean absolutely must be scooped up with warm pieces of naan bread. The creamy sauce all over a chewy piece of bread – yes please! 🤤
USE #tillyeats or TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM @TILLYEATS IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, I LOVE SEEING YOUR CREATIONS!
Other vegan recipes I think you’ll enjoy!
Also if you could rate the recipe below I would be forever grateful – it makes me feel good and also helps me understand what you guys like 😛
Quick 20 minute Creamy Cashew and Coconut Lentil Curry that is packed full of Indian flavours and nutrients. Perfect for leftovers as well!
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp ginger, micrograted
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 can coconut milk, full fat
- 1 cup vegetable stock/water
- 1 can lentils
- 4 cups spinach
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
Heat frying pan over medium-high heat. Add in the coconut oil + onion and stir fry for 2 minutes or until the onion starts to become translucent. Add ginger and garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add spices and salt and cook for a further 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add tomato paste and cook off for 2 minutes
Turn heat to low and add coconut cream and vegetable stock/water. Stir to combine and simmer for 5 minutes.
Add in the lentils and simmer for another 5 minutes. Add spinach and cook until wilted. Stir through cashews and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat
Serve with rice and garlic naan.
Please note calories will vary depending on brands use. Calories are for the curry only not the sides.
NOTE: All images and text on this website are protected by copyright. Please do not post or republish this recipe/images without permission from me -Tilly. If you want to share this recipe, please share the link rather than the whole recipe. Thank you so much! 🙂