If you couldn’t already tell from my Banana Bread Overnight Oats or my Tropical Turmeric Overnight Oats I’m a huge fan of oatmeal, I’ve eaten a bowl every day, sometimes twice a day for at least the past two years. I’ve started to get a little bored with my standard bowl of oats with fruit and nuts on top and it’s been a little too chilly for overnight oats. That’s where Carrot Cake Baked Oats came in.
Watch the video for Carrot Cake Baked Oats here:
11 Reasons you need these Baked Oats in your life:
- Insanely healthy – healthy carbs, plant protein and healthy omega 3’s and you’re starting your day with vegetables.
- TASTE LIKE CARROT CAKE, do I need to go on? Let me anyway
- Can be made ahead and frozen
- Can be eaten hot or cold
- Works as a slice/bar for a quick snack
- Baking oatmeal makes it thick and chewy with a crispy top
- Cream cheese dressing 🤤
- Easy, like so easy you could do it with your eyes shut and only requires one bowl to prep!
- Will keep you full and satisfied for hours
- Can also be eaten as a dessert
- Your house will smell f**ing amazing whilst it’s baking.
Look at the different textures in these baked oats, as if you wouldn’t be excited to wake up and eat a big old slice for breakfast or dessert…
Stop skipping breakfast/eating soggy cereal because now you can have your cake and eat it too! 😉
This recipe can be easily adapted, don’t like carrot cake? Sub out the carrot, walnuts, dates and spices for shredded coconut, blueberries, almonds and lemon zest to make blueberry muffin flavoured baked oats – this has just given me
Honestly, the possibilities are endless, get creative!
USE #tillyeats or TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM @TILLYEATS IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, I LOVE SEEING YOUR CREATIONS!
Also if you could rate the recipe below I would be forever grateful – it makes me feel good and also helps me understand what you guys like 😛
Other breakfast recipes you might like:
– Coconut Chocolate Chia Pudding: Coconut Chocolate Chia Pudding Parfait loaded with creamy coconut, rich chocolate, crunchy granola and fresh tart berries.
–Sweet Potato and Black Bean Quesadilla: Sweet potato, black beans and veggies cooked together, stuffed inside a quesadilla and topped with fried egg, guacamole and tomato salsa.
– Turmeric Sweet Potato Pancakes: Gluten-Free pancakes made with sweet potato, turmeric and almond meal. Perfect for the weekend!
Thick, gooey chewy oats mixed with the flavours of carrot cake topped with a cream cheese dressing. Healthy baked oats that taste like dessert!
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 2 carrots grated
- 2 cups unsweetened almond mylk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup dates around 6
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup coconut yogurt
- 1/4 cup cream cheese vegan
- 1 tbsp almond mylk
Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
Combine oats, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a mixing bowl.
In a jug mix almond milk, vanilla extract and maple syrup. Pour into the dry ingredients and mix. Add shredded carrots and mix through. Sprinkle in dates and walnuts and mix together.
Grease a baking dish with a little oil and pour oat mixture in, smooth out. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Let cool for 10 minutes then drizzle with cream cheese dressing, cinnamon and pepitas.
Calories are only for the baked oats only and not the cream cheese dressing/pepitas. Calories may vary slightly depending on the brands used.
NOTE: All images and text on this website are protected by copyright. Please do not post or republish this recipe/images without permission from me -Tilly. If you want to share this recipe, please share the link rather than the whole recipe. Thank you so much! 🙂